To order parts call us at 800-231-8978.
Please have your yacht’s hull identification number (HIN) available during your call.
Before launching your boat, complete the following.
- Fill gelcoat nicks and gouges
- Inspect props, struts, rudders
- Inspect thru-hull fittings
- Apply new antifouling bottom paint or touch up failing areas
- Buff out minor hull scratches
- Remove dirt, stains
- Apply wax
Deck and Cabin
- Inspect hatches and windows for leaks
- Wax non-walking surfaces
- Follow manufacturer’s recommissioning guidelines
- Inspect belts, hoses
- Tune-up engines
- Replace fuel filters
- Check battery water level
- Charge batteries
- Inspect connections for corrosion
- Purge fresh water system of antifreeze
- Replace Sealand vent filters.
- Inspect seacocks
- Inspect heads
- Chemically charge waste and grey water tanks
- Fill fresh water tank
- Inspect PFDs
- Replace old distress signals
- Inspect fire extinguishers
- Inspect, test bilge pumps
- Inspect mooring lines, fenders
- Test, recalibrate and/or replace c.o. detectors
After launching your boat, complete the following:
- Check for engine cooling water flow
- Check propeller shaft alignment
- Check propeller shaft seals
- Check crankcase (must be in water). Check transmission oil levels
- Have compass professionally calibrated
- Inspect thru hulls, exhaust, etc.
NOTE: Carver Yachts supplies this information as a guideline for your convenience only. For specific questions, contact your local Carver Dealer.